Pages

Saturday, April 4, 2015

kind of a depressing week...

I didn't realize it till I started writing this but this week kind of sucked.  Not horribly, but not a great week either.  A couple of things contributed to the downfall.   Here you go:

First, is the claim I have against the hospital.  A few weeks ago I had contacted the lawyer for Sanford to ask about my claim.  She is behind schedule and asked to give her until the end of March.  I still haven't heard anything.  I suppose I will have to call again.  I am not good at this kind of stuff.  I don't consider myself to be aggressive enough.   I could let Jim do it but that seems wrong so I guess I will have to buckle down and get it done on Monday.  Part of me is thinking that they are hoping I just go away but then part of me is thinking they don't operate like that.  But then, how do I know how they operate.  Maybe they do drag their feet and hope people get sick of calling?  Maybe they don't.  I can imagine their job is not a lot of fun.  I would drag my feet too.  I just want to put it to rest and get it behind me.

Second, was my tattoo.  I had my tattoo all scheduled for Wednesday after work.  I was so excited that I could barely focus at work!  On the afternoon it was supposed to happen I got a call and my artist had gone home sick.  I had to reschedule.  The soonest I can get in is 20 days out.  So sad.  I wanted to show my friend Nicole when I saw her next but I would be seeing her before the new appointment.  As sad as I was that he had to cancel, I do understand and really, I don't want someone who is sick tattooing me.  But waiting almost 3 more weeks bums me out.

Third, is this damn cold.  Jim got sick at the end of last week.  I'm talking major sick.  Bad, bad cold or influenza; something.  He is coughing from his toes like a croupy child, his whole body hurts and for a day or two he had a rash all over his torso.  I took to sleeping on the couch since I did not want to get what ever he had.  I started doping up on multivitamins and Echinacea hoping it doesn't latch on to me.  Wednesday night I had a tickle and felt like I was clearing my throat all the time.  By Thursday night it had manifested into a slight cough with the feeling that a head cold was coming.  By Friday night, I am still taking the vitamins and Echinacea but now I am taking cold meds and am so damn tired.  I feel like I am fighting it though.  I do not want this!  This morning the dog woke me up so I took him out.  Came back upstairs and proceeded to make coffee.  We have a keurig so I turned it on.  When it warmed up, I made coffee.  When I went to put creamer in it, I thought it looked weak.  I added creamer and thought it looked even worse so I tasted it.  Hot creamer.  WTH?!  That's when I realized I hadn't put coffee in!  I had just run water through the k-cup that Jim had already used when he made coffee to take with him to work!.  UGH!  I started over.  After 4 cups of coffee in 2 hours, I thought "screw this" and went back to bed.  I slept for over 3 hours.  When I woke, I was comfortable, the perfect temperature and all cuddled in.  I couldn't figure out what had woke me up.  I listened and couldn't hear anything.  Then my bladder nudged me.  Oh, 4 cups of coffee woke me up.  So I went to use the bathroom and went into the kitchen and had more coffee.  Still taking cold medicine and still fighting.  Really hoping that Rylee doesn't get this!

Tomorrow is Easter.  I invited everyone over.  Jim's family is here in town and getting larger.  Our nieces have families of their own now and we are just a little more spread out.  Easter is the one holiday that we have kind of stopped doing.  So tomorrow I will cook lunch for Jim and I and Rylee and anyone else who wants to join us.  Going to be a quiet day.  I'm ok with that. 

On that note, Happy Easter everyone!  Enjoy your time with your loved ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment