Pages

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Weigh in day!

Before I get into my appointment today, I am going to go back a bit. Last time I saw Lindsey, my dietitian, she told me to up my protein and do some weight/resistance exercises. Sure, no problem! Yep, never did it. In fact, I have even decreased my food intake which probably sabotaged my metabolism. Instead of the 5 meals or snacks a day I am down to 3.
See Lindsey, I am coming clean!
I went in today for a weigh in and Dr appointment. The nurse called me back and we went directly to the scale. I was down 4 lbs. I wanted to be down 6, but 4 is OK. The nurse is cute and says not to be too hard on myself. After all it was Thanksgiving. I didn’t have the heart to tell her that I barely ate and that it was probably the damn wine! I am still not up to par with what my averages were previously. (But seriously, that is a mental issue with me. I get a number in my head and get sad if I don’t get it.) She took me into the office and did a blood pressure check. That was down a bit too. 68/96 I can’t complain at all!
Then she asked me if I had put on the 20 lb body suit yet? Umm…no. What’s a 20 lb body suit? She hops up and goes to get it. It is a vest that you put on backwards and it has this layer of rubbery plastic that wraps around your abdomen. IT’S HEAVY!! I was just dumbfounded! I carried that around all day, every day! And to see how much of the disgusting yellow rubbery stuff there was, well there aren’t enough words to tell you how gross that made me feel! She giggles and says that I should ignore the numbers and not let it get to me because I have gotten rid of more than this suit contains! I decided that I really liked her!
A couple seconds later the Dr comes in and goes over the new info. He laughs and says that he saw the nurse in the hall with the suit, what did I think of that?! He did the math and told me that my numbers were fine and that I would find that I may struggle more as my weight goes down. It seems that I have been losing about 7 lbs a month overall. And realistically, that’s probably closer to how I put it on. He wants me to do resistance training and told me that I have a month to fix the lean mass numbers before Lindsey gets a hold of me! 

He did ask me about my bra size.  I found that a little unnerving.  He seemed to notice that my bra, or rather, cup size had not gotten any smaller.  If, when my weight loss is all done and I have reached my goal I need to have a breast reduction so that I am a little better proportioned, he will arrange that for me.  I suppose I should be grateful but it kinda weirded me out a little.  Probably because I hadn't thought about it at all.
What it all boils down to is me. How bad do I want this? Am I willing to kick it in to gear? Am I willing to increase my protein and start crunching and lifting?  I am!  Tonight, after I got back from church, I pulled out my little dumbbells and used them and did some crunches.  

I will have to set a time, maybe even put it in my phone calendar. I will have to make a change in my life and give myself the time that I will need to get it done. In the whole scheme of things, it is a pretty small thing to do. 

I am grateful for my family and friends.  I have some great support!
I am grateful for Erin's dance stdio and how much they see in her.
I am grateful for the girls in my confirmation group.  They bring a smile to my  face!

1 comment:

  1. You are doing great, I am so proud of you. About the breast reduction I totally understand but I think your husband would be uber sad.

    ReplyDelete