Pages

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Just before Christmas

I have quite the colossal fail going.  My will power has taken a dive.  There are candy and cookies everywhere, chips, wine, you name it all around me.  It is the time of year for baking and giving and I am having a super difficult time with it.  I keep telling myself to be aware and go easy.  If I can get thru the next week or so without gaining it will be a miracle.  I have even discovered a coffee at Caribou that I LOVE!  It can't be good for me!

I missed my weigh in last week so I will wait until next week since I have an appointment already set up.  Today I have had:  coffee, fruit smoothie, 3 white chocolate covered pretzels, a red pepper and a half cup cottage cheese.  With the exception of the pretzels, not too bad.  For tonight I hve beef ribs in the crock pot and I will make baked potatoes.  I will not have a potato.  I think I will substitute a salad instead.  That doesn't sound too bad either.  Christmas day and New Year's Eve are going to be the killers for me. 

My mom is here this week.  I went down on Sun to get her and bring her back.  That's when I found the coffee at Caribou.  I will have to take her back down on Monday; right after Christmas.  I never seem to eat right when I am trapped in the car.  I usually just have beverages and maybe a snack.  I will have to go get groceries for mom when I get there.  I will try to get something good for me when I am there.    Not much else to say today. 

Tis the season to be thankful.  I am grateful for amazing friends,  a warm home, and  never having been hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment