Pages

Monday, August 19, 2013

Catch!! Life is throwing somethhing else!

I always have good intentions and then life throws something at me!  Two weeks ago I said that I was going to do better.  Exercise, eat right, generally pay attention to me.  Then my daughter's boyfriend, who happened to be home on leave bought her a ring and they picked a date.  8 full weeks till the wedding!!!!  I hit the ground running and haven't had a chance to breathe since.  It has been 12 days and we have a venue, a justice of the peace, entertainment (of sorts), a dress, bridesmaids dresses ordered, tuxes ordered, marriage license purchased, wedding invited printed, adult beverages lined up (cuz' I'm going to need a drink when this is over) and a registry completed. The groom was here for 3 days after the announcement.  He is currently enlisted and stationed halfway across the country. 

Needless to say, I haven't had much time for exercise. Just when I thought things were settling down a bit.  My husband had 6 pallets of patio stones and retaining wall bricks delivered.  The store put them in the wrong part of the yard and we had to move them.  I was able to borrow a moffet truck and driver from work. He was able to move the pallets that weighed led than 2500 lbs.  The last one was closer to 3000 lbs.  So my oldest daughter and I went to work with a 2-wheeled dolly.  we were able to move 4 at a time.  By our calculations we  were hauling 168 lbs. at a time.  Over 2500 lbs. before my husband got home.  We left the last 1300 lbs. to him. 

 I was able to get back to it tonight.  I can honestly say the last time I did the Pilates dvd that I bought, Keeping Fit, it kicked my butt!  I was able to do it again tonight.  By the time Wed rolls around I ought to hurt all over again.  Ha!  Can't wait!  Andrea Metcalf has a great demeanor and doesn't even know she is killing me.  She smiles and reminds me to breathe and through it all I never even envision her hanging upside down from the center of a bridge by those damn bands. 

With the stress, I can honestly say that all I want to do is eat.  I failed over the weekend.  Hoping that I can redeem myself during the week.  Have more running to do and phone calls to make this week.  At least I fit the school shopping in for the youngest daughter.  I haven't weighed myself or measured myself.  I will shoot for that either later this week or possibly next. 

No comments:

Post a Comment