Pages

Monday, May 4, 2015

"there's that pair of pants!"

I finally got to the lake on Sat!!!  I haven't been inside my boat since Labor Day last year.  I didn't get to close it up last year and bring things home because I was in the hospital.  This year I had things going on so Jim opened up and cleaned for me. I got down there on Sat and couldn't have been more excited to putter around my little houseboat. I have a hook on the back of the bedroom door that I usually keep a sweatshirt on.  I was unpacking and putting clothes in the dresser when I went to hang up my sweatshirt.  There was a pair of capris that I thought I had lost!  Jim hadn't noticed them and they hung there all winter.  Glad to have them back.  HA!

I got to see the muskrat that lives in my backyard and there are a couple pair of geese fighting for territory.   Everyone wants to live in my little bay!!  I have yet to see the otter but I will keep looking.  I won't get to go down much in May due to graduations, weddings, and such.  That makes me a little sad.  It is my little home away from home. 

In other news:  I still have no letter from Sanford.  I left a message for Bev on Fri and she didn't return my call.  Jim called her later in the afternoon and got her. She told him that she would dictate the letter immediately and have it in the mail by the close of the day.  SHOCKER!!  We haven't received anything yet.  I called a law firm and am awaiting a call back.  I have always said we live in a sue happy world.   Everyone always wants to sue someone else.  I don't really agree with that whole sue happy concept and truly believe that there are other ways around problems.  I think I went with the alternative first and am being strung along.  Same thing the surgeons did in the beginning of this whole mess.   Maybe I should have gone this route in the beginning.  It makes me sad and I can't believe I have stooped this low.  All I wanted was to see if I could get some of my back wages and the longer I am strung along the more I realize how much this has changed my day to day life in ways that are not really a lot of fun.

Please don't get me wrong, I work hard at a positive attitude.  I'm really not a whiner who just wants to get her way. That's not me at all.  I have always been a pretty happy person.  I take life one day at a time.  I make mistakes.  I try not to show the world how uncomfortable I am.  I try to laugh as often as I can.  I sing and I dance and I try to treat people with love and respect. It helps that I have great people in my life.  My husband and daughters are truly wonderful.  I have amazing friends and a fantastic family. I am surrounded with kind, supportive people who love me and that makes everything better.  It really does.  I love you all. 

Gonna go make pudding with Rylee now.  Have a great night everyone!!

1 comment:

  1. You are an inspiration! Your stamina in this BS is amazing! Hugs sweety!!

    ReplyDelete