Pages

Friday, June 26, 2015

Well, it's Friday

I will start with my challenge to change my behavior.  It's hard.  I tried to eat better.  Half of what I wanted was the goal.  So I had half a piece of egg bake, half of what would have been a normal serving of pizza for me, etc. I didn't do so good on the Steamer bags that I bring for lunch; rice and broccoli or pasta and broccoli.  I ended up eating the whole bag.  Gotta think of a better plan for lunch, I guess.  Rylee had me try refrigerator oats.  Basically, it is oatmeal that you let sit overnight in the fridge instead of cooking.  I have a very bad tummy now.  I can't eat a salad yet because it is just too much.  I think the oats is the same way.  My suppers went ok.  Instead of half, I tried to eat a decent portion size and did not go back for seconds.  If at all possible, I went with something that had meat in it.  All in all, better, not great.  This weekend is going to be tough.  Who am I kidding?  All weekends are tough for me.  I am a born grazer.  I am going to make a conscious effort to distance myself from snacks that are around.  Might end up sitting on the boat a lot.
I have walked Brian every morning and today we went twice as far and added on 10 minutes to our routine.  I am calling that my 10 minutes because I really haven't done anything else this week.  By the time I was done the pain was pretty good in my left hip and my legs were feeling it.  I don't think I could have gone farther if I wanted to. I really despise that.  I like being active and I am so done with pain.  But I felt good about what I had accomplished.
I would love to walk Brian at the lake but there are 2 problems with that.  Once you walk him somewhere, he thinks it is ok to go there; even without you.  I do not need him strolling off down the road and getting into trouble.  Also, I have heard that there is at least one dog on the lake road that is less than friendly.  No one seems to tie up their pooches and I don't want to 'meet' anyone who isn't going to be a buddy.  Might have to try the water bottle weights to get a little extra exercise in.  Also supposed to be a hot one, so maybe some swimming wouldn't kill me.  Not sure if I can get the kayak in and out by myself or not.  If I can, I might use that too.
I'll try to get in an update and a weight on Monday.  Earlier this week I had topped out at 188.  That is what I was when I got sick last Sept.  It is definitely time to work on being conscious of what I put in my mouth.  I just wish I didn't enjoy it so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment