Pages

Friday, July 10, 2015

Some things are working, others are not

Such is life.  While the "getting paid for losing weight" hasn't panned out, I am proud of what I have accomplished this week even if I didn't lose any pounds.

If you remember, my plan was to weigh myself in front of Jim (poor guy) and then have him pay me if my weight was down a pound or more.  If it was up then I had to give him back money.  We weren't in the same place last week so he wasn't there to get a starting weight with.  He was here this morning when I weighed in at 190.  I have actually gained 2 lbs since June 26th!!!  That is awful!!!  I have gained 30+ pounds since January!!!  WTH?!  I am so incredibly disgusted with myself.  I can't stand to even look in a mirror.  I have upped my game already and can't even imagine what my weight would have been had I not.  

This week I have halved my portions.  If I usually took 2 slices of pizza for lunch then this week I took 1.  If I had put half my supper away for lunch the next day then I only took half of the remaining half to work and made it last 2 days instead of 1.  For example, yesterdays food intake was:
1/2 serving of mini cheddar popcorn cakes
20 oz of coffee with creamer
1 slice of bbq chicken pizza
1/2 serving of mini cheddar popcorn cakes
1 chicken burger with cheese and bacon in it with a bun and condiments
1/2 cup corn-no butter
1 (large)glass of wine
1 cup of green tea
70+ ounces of water
I'm pretty proud of myself.  Granted, I had bad days too.  Wednesday I went out with some friends and I think I dove head first into the appetizers.  Pretty picture, I am sure.  (insert eye roll)

 I actually started with my little dumbbell weights and, while I don't do a ton, I do something.  I have never, and I truly mean never, exercised.  So yes, I am starting really slow.  Five min has morphed into almost ten and that is added to my short little walk with Brian in the morning.  I will get there.  I am not following a plan so I get a little off track.  I wish I knew more yoga moves.  I do a couple yoga moves, some mountain climber things, squats, twists, leg lifts, some different arm things using the weights, planks and even use my bottom step and go up and down over and over like a stair climber.  My problem is I don't have a routine or a rep count so I'm all over the place and I forget so I don't always do all of the different exercises.  I'll keep doing this willy nilly stuff until I get some kind of routine worked out.  But I'm doing something! Go me!

I was talking to a friend, without whom I would be failing at this.  She has been keeping me on track and I can't thank her enough.  But my topic was how can a person not change their eating habits and gain 30 or more lbs.?  So I changed my eating habits and after a week have no results. 0.  I know, it's only a week.  But I thought I would see a few ounces.  So my question or concern is this:  Because I have seen such rapid weight gain after being so sick could it be because I was so sick?  Did having all those infections, being severely dehydrated and having my liver and kidney functions go all whack do something to my body?  Can my body not readjust now?  Does it think I am still starving and it needs to stockpile?  Is that even possible and if it is, how do you tell and how do you fix it?  Feel free to comment or facebook message me if you know something or have an idea.  I am stumped.  I do not want to do all the Dr visits that come with phentermine.  But I am open to suggestions.

Have a great weekend everyone!!  Enjoy your family and friends and every minute you get to be with them.


No comments:

Post a Comment