Pages

Monday, July 27, 2015

The start of another week!

I haven't got much to tell but by the time I am done it will feel like I have been talking for days. Friday came and went and I don't know what to make of it.  I'll explain.  So I get up, go to get in the shower and remember that I need to weigh myself.  I weigh myself and I am down .2 lbs.  Not enough to get money but enough that I don't have to pay it back either.  I get on and off the scale a few times.  Nothing changes, Yay!  Then it dawns on me that Jim did an overnight and I would have to have proof of my weight.  So I walk to the kitchen, get my phone to take a photo of the scale and walk back to the bathroom.  I get back on the scale and WHAT??!!  I am .2 higher than last week.  How does a person gain .4 lbs by walking 25 feet???  I get off and back on.  I put the phone down and did it again.  No change.  Totally frustrated I gave up and got in the shower.  I called Jim and told him about it and deemed it an even week!  No one pays anyone else.  

We had friends in town for a few days.  I love this family!  They love my girls.  We really need to live closer to them but in a wild and crazy move they up and went to Arkansas.  It was a wonderful opportunity for them and it has worked so well for their family.  I really am happy for them.  But I do miss Nic like crazy.  We met up at another mutual friends house on Fri night and then again for a quick goodbye on Sat.  Had a blast.  So glad they were able to come for a visit.  

When I got back from saying goodbye to Nicole, I jumped into my basement.  I have learned that part of the reason I dislike my lower level is that it is the catch all and it is always a mess.  It's the area that stuff gets dumped in.  It's stagnant, dreary and just overall yucky. The rooms have great paint jobs, with light colors but because no one is ever down there, the blinds are always closed and it just gives off a creep feel.  I went down on Sat and started cleaning out old files, putting boxes back to how they should be, trying to reorganize and open up some space. I got rid of 3 smallish boxes, a small tote and a bag of papers, went through the girls school boxes and emptied out a file cabinet that no one uses.  I think I will take the file cabinet and transform it into photo storage.  Because those are a mess also!  Erin's old room will also get some of this cleaning mojo as will the storage closet under the stairs. I have just offered an extra bookshelf to a coworker.  She got a kids rug and some stuff for the walls too.  One man's junk is another man's treasure, right?  I want to finish the knotty pine wainscoting in Erin's room too before she comes home to visit this winter.  I got a few loads of laundry done and all the rugs washed and hung out on the deck to dry.  Felt good, but now I want to finish.  

I spent my Saturday and Sunday evenings watching Harry Potter movies on abc family.  I am a definite Potter fan.  Leave Star Trek and Star Wars to my husband, I want Potter!  So after a few too many hours spent geeking out and a lot of hard work, my weekend came to an end.   I was sad to see it end.  I needed a few more days to get things a little more organized.  Sadly, it will be awhile before I get a good tackling weekend again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment