Pages

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Frustration at its finest

Still nothing.  I can't take this weight off and I am becoming increasingly frustrated by it.  I have increased my water, halved my portions, started eating breakfast, cut back on coffee (with sweetener), added exercise, and even did better at the lake with snacking.  Still nothing.  It probably doesn't help that a couple of things in my life are very stressful right now but you would think there would be something.  I am going to try yoga tonight.  Hoping my hip will cooperate.

I am also reading (studying) a book that was recommended to me called "You Can Heal Your Life" by Louise Hay.  Some of it seems a little hokey but she lectures on the premise of everything around you comes from you.  Kind of a 'what you put out is what comes back' thing.  She says that the things that make us unhappy, like weight, are manifestations of something we are pushing away.  Since I am an emotional eater, I might have to agree with that.  I just have to deal with some inadequacies first. After I figure out what they are.

Summer is almost over.  Three weeks till school starts, 10 days till Rylee and I tour a college, 34 days till the anniversary of when I got sick last year.   There was a time when I wasn't sure I would be here for this.  It would have been so easy to give up.  Some days writing in this blog took me all day but it seemed to give me a purpose beyond the needs of my family.  It's a beautiful thing to be looking backwards at the whole experience.

Hug your loved ones and be thankful for every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment