Pages

Friday, October 23, 2015

The journey continues

I am  sorry that I haven't posted more often.  I have been busy with me and I love it!  I have been going out with my girlfriends more often, something that 2 years ago I would have bowed out of because I didn't feel worthy of spending $20 on my self.  Today, no way.  I used to find ways of making myself feel guilty every time I did anything for me.  I recognize it now and am changing my behavior patterns.  I am going to spend every minute that I can with people who inspire me and want me to be the best me that I can.   I thank God that I have those friends in my life.  When I slow down and look, I can't believe how many there are!!  And most of them I hadn't even realized were there for me.  But they are and I see them in a whole new light now.  I thank my Divine Team for opening my eyes to all of them before I let them all fade off.  I am so much more aware of what is going on around me lately. 


Health wise, I am good.  My hip hurts like crazy, but I'm a tough chick and I will deal with it.  My sister could use your prayers however, because hers might very well be worse than mine and she is struggling.  It hurts me to know that she has pain.  All I can do is try to support her but my way of dealing with things might not work for her.  For the most part my tummy issues are gone.  I do still have a lot of issues when I eat veggies and fruits which is a huge bummer but I will learn it.  I had lost a couple pounds but I haven't weighed myself in a while and to tell you the truth, right now, at this very moment, I don't care what I weigh.  I know I'm fat, I know I'm short and I try not to look in the mirror because I don't know the person looking back at me.  The person in the mirror looks so different from the person inside me and right now I need to focus on the person inside.  The person inside me has a light that has started to shine and I need to make it brighter and stronger.  If the person on the outside follows suit, then fine.  If not, then I will deal with her later.  In the meantime, I will avoid French fries, drink more water, keep soda at a minimum and try to lean toward healthy foods. 


I mentioned Reiki a while back.  Just an FYI:  I am sold.  It might not be for everyone but after the last session she talked to me about things and gave me a few wake up calls.  Keep in mind that other than my wedding ring and the fact that I told her I have hip problems, she knows nothing about me.  I haven't even made small talk with this girl.  But she said a few things that related directly to me and offered a sort of advise.  For days afterwards I felt better too.  I want to go back but she is a long way from where I work and I am not comfortable asking for long lunches yet. 


That's all for now.  I will talk more later.  My retreat is tomorrow.  I will fill you in later!!

No comments:

Post a Comment