Pages

Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Starting to not care...

I can't believe how crazy busy I have been lately.  That's probably a good thing but there is always a downside.  In this situation the downside is that I have been eating out more and breaking all my own rules.  Instead of splitting my meal down the middle and getting a take out box, I have been just eating it.  I haven't weighed myself since the last time I posted but my clothes are tighter again.  My other downfall is Caribou Coffees Spicy Mocha which is only available for 6 weeks a year.  Love that stuff!  I need to reign myself in. 


The diet pills did nothing except give me a slight headache and make me thirsty.  I used them for 2 weeks.  I might try them again to see if it was a fluke or not.   I have still been doing the Tai Chi in the mornings and someone posted a squat challenge so I thought I would do that too.  My squats suck because overweight people don't squat-it hurts our knees.  So I know that I am not squatting low enough for it to be called a squat but I am going low enough to feel it.  So far I have done both days of December. Gotta start somewhere, right? 


On the spiritual side, I am still praying every day and I feel good about it.  I have been trying to go to church every Sunday that I am home also.  It feels good.  I haven't been able to do the Reiki thing again but I found someone near my new office that does Cranial sacrum.  I might be spelling that wrong.  I am going to try that.  The girl that sits next to me goes once a month and loves it.  when she describes it to me it sounds a little like Reiki.  Gonna give it a shot. 


My job is going great.  They seem to like me.  The girl I sit with has a very unique personality--and I mean that positively. She makes me laugh.  At this job I do a lot of the work that takes time away from the bookkeepers and accountants.  I really like it and the people here are wonderful!  All types of personalities and everyone gets along. 


My hip has been so bad lately that I am nervous about how long I can hold out before I give in and go to the doctor.  I am headed to Vegas next week.  In the past, after a day or so out there the pain goes away.  I have a ghost tour scheduled and it requires some walking, like a mile or more, but I didn't schedule it till the last day we would be there hoping that the dry heat would help me out. 


On that note I am really excited about the ghost tour.  A friend turned me on to them.  She does one in every city she visits that has them.  This is my first.  Mostly it is a walking tour of the town with interesting history.  Vegas has 2 kinds.  One starts with a magic act on a stage and then they send you out to a park to 'see' ghosts with a costumed actor that serves as your guide.  I felt that was a little too carnival-ish for me and I wanted Jim to go with me and there would be NO way!  I looked a little farther and found one that was less theatrical and more realistic, also it was more about the mob history downtown Vegas and Jim loves that.  I have a feeling the guide will still be a little theatrical but we aren't expected to 'see' ghosts so, most likely, a little more of what I want. 


We are also going to a Rat Pack Revival show and Jim wants to ride the roller coaster at New York, New York.  I was silly enough to say I would go on that with him  The roller coaster I am a bit apprehensive about but otherwise, this is going to be a fun trip. 


I am headed home with Rylee to see mom this weekend also.  I also set up a couple of times to get together with some friends that I haven't seen in ages.  More fun!  My cousin and her mom are coming over to visit mom and I also.  It is going to be a very busy weekend but well worth it! 


Because it is the holiday season, I am more aware of what life was like a year ago.  I have come so far both physically and spiritually.  I was left on this earth for a reason.  I don't know what it is but I am trying to always be at my full potential. 


Hope your Thanksgiving was a happy one and I really hope you are looking at the holiday season ahead with hope and love.  A new year is on the way, let's make the best of what is left of this one and jump in to the next one with both feet!!  Love and Hugs to all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment